So they are the better ones huh?

I have a friend who has a little boy with a guy who is currently "shacked up" with my ( STEP) cousin ...

My friend is actually a WONDERFUL mother... she literally puts his every want and need above her own... she got a good job so she could provide for him, spends time with him, every weekend she takes him to fun activites ( movies, go carts, etc.) , she even moved to another city just so he could go to the better school.

then there is my step cousin... her and her live in boyfriend ( the fahter of friends son) just had their 3rd kid together -- she is a 'stay at home mom" although she doesnt clean and has her kids in time out everytime they sneeze ... complains about everything....

they live off of welfare and have no problem with that, their tiny apt, is free, their food is free, their insurance is free... and when friend tried to get child support - he quit his job too...

Of course they dont see friends son ...but of course that is friends fault... because afterall she is the selfish one who moved far away ( 30 minutes) , and even though they travel past her town almost every weekend to hang out with her family, they just possibly couldnt stop to see his son... not to mention she constantly talks on facebook about how they are going to get custody of him because they are the best family for him...

This is why i really wish these people would be made to stop breeding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• ugh people like that, who milk from the government, especially deadbeat dads.. need to be snipped!
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 11:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Lord have mercy....You will see the karma coming to bite them and then you all will have a field day!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• frustrating!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• that sounds like a sucky situation to be in. your friend has it together and IF by some small chance the other people do decide to go for custody, i pray that NO JUDGE in their right mind will grant such a silly thing. sorry, not trying to be mean, but that's just crazy talk!
    HappyHmsklNapps

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 3:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• what a dead beat dad IMO. No judge in their right mind would give custody over.

Being on welfare isnt all bad. It really helps when you fall under hard times. I lost my Job last year and my uneploymnet ran out in January.. DH business went under (the economy is really bad). so basically the only income i have had since March has been from the state and some help from dear friends. I have been looking for a job since i was laid off (my company downsized). I JUST found a job i start on 7/6/11. And believe me i was looking religiously for one since i lost mine..the job market is just really bad right now. Even though i found a job i am not getting paid nearly enough (but any $ is better then no $) I live in the NJ/NYC area and it is nearly impossible to survive with a family off $8/hour..so i will continue my FS. But Welfare is ment for pple who need it, not pple who abuse it. I have done/am doing whatever i can to get off it
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 3:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• monkeymommy i didnt mean it as an insult to people who need it -- in fact my husband and i were on it before when he lost his job for a few months... but they were on it before because she didnt want to work.. and then got even more assitance because he quit his job, so they wouldnt take money for the boy ( thye said it was because that "bitch" didnt need their money) ..

They are too lazy to even go file or even attempt to get custody or anything at all, they just say that to look better...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011