Stranded

We live in the middle of nowhere and it is amazing just how disconnected from the world I feel....anyone else with the same issue?

HoldFast86

Asked by HoldFast86 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yep. No cell phones, no gas station, no grocery store. The local weekly paper publishes weekly and doesn't even bother to cover news--just high school sports and city council meetings!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• OMG that sounds like heaven!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I get cell service...if I'm standing in the right spot and holding the phone the right way. Nearest walmart is like an hour away. Sure it is pretty but I feel like I'm losing touch with people so bad =(
    HoldFast86

Comment by HoldFast86 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• When we lived out in the country I did. We had cell phones, but no cell service, local phone was only local to two towns, no high speed internet (took 20 minutes to check one email) and our only neighbor was a really messed up family (drunken dad, destructive teen boy, bipolar step mom and compulsive thief teen girl) who thought our property was theirs because the previous owners let them use the woods whenever they wanted.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• wow.. i can't live in the boonies, some people actually like it and i don't know where they are coming from. i am a total city girl- i don't necessarily have to live right smack in the middle of the city but i gotta have internet and grocery stores MUST be a hop- skip-and a jump away.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have this problem, but not for the reasons listed. I live in a medium sized city, the state capital and we have several large military bases here. I am disabled, and even though I have a car, I hate to go anyplace alone. I don't need help to shop. I just like company. I wish we lived near each other, we could beat the blues together. I stay in my home almost 24/7. My children are grown, one just came back home after massive tornado damage.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011