What would you do if your husband told you.....

He would be more (note more) attracted to you if you were thinner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• wow i would be pissed and hurt
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• DH has basically said that to me. But I take it as physically attractive and not all around attractive. He still loves me for who I am, and even my body even though it isn't perfect. He's not perfect, so he can't really expect me to be perfect lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I should add....both you and your husband should be honest with one another. You should be the best you can be for each other. Health and all. That's my opinion at least.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i'd punch him in the head.
    Glitter-Bug

Answer by Glitter-Bug at 11:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It depends on how he says it to me. And, if I asked for it. My DH tells me all the time how he loves everything about my body...even the imperfections I hate. But, thats what he's supposed to say...LOL. If he were to tell me something he didnt like, I'd respect him for being honest, and possible try to fix it. I want my guy to be happy with me, but at the same time I'm not going to be treated like crap. So, if he said it to be mean...or hurt me into losing the weight....I'd be angry and resent it. If he said it in a discussion were I ASKED him what he'd like me to improve, then I'd take it as constructive criticisum(sp??). Depends on how it was said.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would let him know what it would take for him to be more attractive to me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would tell him I would be more attracted to him if he was bigger! LOL
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 11:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'd tell Him to fuck off, as that would contradict everything He has ever said to me every day since the Beginning of Us. lol.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 12:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd be pissed, as over the past 22 years HE as packed on a hell of a lot of weight and is quite fat himself..... and I'd be sure to remind him that he is fat, and at least I am taking steps to be thinner and healthier (I am on a diet plan and lost 30 lbs so far), while HE is still shoveling anything and everyhing into his pie-hole and not bothering to watch portion sizes, weigh/measure foods......
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Before we were married my husband told me that we would have problems if I gained weight. Well I started growing complacent , not running anymore, not watching what I ate and I put on a few pounds. He told me and I thanked him for his honesty. It hurts but I would tell him if he was getting soft. So I got off my lazy butt.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 3:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2011