My 2 yr old has the runs, help!!! Alot of TMI

For the few days my dd has had diarrhea. It sometimes appears to be clear in her diaper with little chunk looking stuff (I know gross) other times its the typical looking stuff. The other morning dh got her up and she was covered with it, all the over the bed ect..this morning she got up and crawled in bed with me and fell asleep, which is unusal for her, but I didn't think much about it. Then a awhile later she threw up. Got up from her nap and she again was covered with diarrhea. Other then this, she acting like her self, shes eating, drinking, I would say full of shit as usual...but..lol Anyway, no fever, no excessive sleeping ect. Would feeding her some yogurt help with this?? Anyone have any idea whats going on??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Health

• Bananas and rice work well to bind you up if necessary...sounds like she could use some throughout the day.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I wonder if it's some type of allergy, since she feels good and is eating and drinking well still.

The BRAT diet... Banana's, rice, applesauce and toast works well for diarrhea.
    AudraMorgan

Answer by AudraMorgan at 11:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• sound like a stomach virus theres not always fever try pedialight if that doesnt work try takin her to the doc
    maria4540

Answer by maria4540 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• That has to be flu??? Sounds like stomach flu to me. BRAT diet if she's old enough but still, it has to run its course so lots of hydration...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• "The brat diet??" lol What is that?? The rice and banana I am assuming seperate or mixed together??
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I was going to suggest the BRAT diet too. No juice, just water. Don't feed her anything except bananas, rice, applesause, and toast. If that sits well for 24-48 hours then you can start adding in other foods, but stick with plain. Chicken soup, veggie soup, etc.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 11:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Banana Rice Applesause Toast... not mixed together, they're just foods that help turn poop solid again. Pedialyte is a great idea too since diarrhea is dehydrating.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 11:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011