My three yr old is very mouthy. I really need to get him under control please help

jbryant2004

Asked by jbryant2004 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• O your not alone!!! Wish I knew the answer

Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my 3 year old's favorite word was shit.WE put him in time out.we snet him to bed..we spanked his but..it did no good..after a few times of totally ignoring it he moved on..cept occasionally then he goes straight to the corner .lol..
    mamabear_7985

Answer by mamabear_7985 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Do you curse when your child is around? They learn to say bad words if they hear someone saying it.
    2lilcubs

Answer by 2lilcubs at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think they get so bored at this age and are dying to get attention, be it good or bad attention. At least that is what the parenting books say. However, I find that when I take 30 minutes to sit him down and have some one on one Mommy time doing what ever he wants me to do (coloring, watching a cartoon, or play cars) he tends to chill out a little more and not be as bratty. Also, we have taught him some really silly (but appropriate) things to say that are cute and get the laughs and attention from the grandparents and literally everyone they say it too. The latest thing is "Doozy Bots", which is like saying "your crazy" or "your silly" in Italian. The Italian relatives scream and laugh when my two year old walks up to them and yells "Doozy Bots" at them. We see this as a great way for him to still get attention and not have to act out badly to get noticed.
    4sailor

Answer by 4sailor at 4:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008