Does anyone make there babyfood??

I was just wondering if anyone still makes babyfood instead of buying it!???? I make it did you know you can make 2x's more baby food with just a little time an effort! It took me 45 min. to make 26 jars of babyfood and it only cost me about $5.00 where it would have costed me about $12.00 or more dollars to go and buy it! Plus making it is alot healthier!! If you want to know just ask!!!

krzymommyroo

Asked by krzymommyroo at 1:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I used to. I got great tips from the Super Baby food book, about when a fruit or vege was ripe enough for baby food etc. My son used to eat avocado and lots of other good foods, that you couldn't get in a jar. If you have the time I think it is well worth it.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My son's four, so obviously I don't anymore, but I did.
    It's SO easy, and then you know exactly what goes into it. Just get a food processor, through in peeled and cleaned food, hit the button, and you're done. Easier than anything is pouring it into ice cube trays, and then cover with saran wrap. Instant one ounce servings.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• We did it some with my son, then we started following the philosophy "If he can't chew it, he's not ready to eat it yet". In other words, we refused to buy or make purees. We just started him on whole foods not pureed that he could handle...first avocado, then banana, and so on.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I did with my youngest son. He's 6 now so obviously he doesn't eat baby food anymore. I was amazed at how easy it was.On the weekends,we'd make enough to last for the week. I'd steam carrots, apples, sweet potatoes,etc and puree them with a chopper I got from a yard sale. I'd put it in baby food jars I had saved from my oldst son, and put them in the freezer. The day before, I'd take out the jars that I'd need for the next day, and put them in the fridge so they'd thaw. When he started on meat, I'd cook up chicken and ham,etc and chop it up and add it to the veggies.With bananas, I'd just scoop it right out of the peel with a spoon.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I do it with my son. I just wash the fruits and veggies, steam them, and then puree them. It's simple and saves lots of money.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I did with my son too, but I do with my DH now also. :) Not the same way, I just got the cook book Deceptively Delicious and it shows you how to puree fruits and veggies and hide them in normal food. My DH has been eating every veggie under the sun for 4 months now and has no idea. :)
    hopingfor5

Answer by hopingfor5 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes I made my own baby foods and you are right, it is way cheaper! I used a website called.....wholesomebabyfoods.com and they had so many ideas on there. Also I ordered a food mill to grind up things like mac n cheese, spaghetti, meats, etc for when my kids were a little older. If you don't have one, its made by KidCo. You can get one new at Target.com, but I ordered mine from Ebay.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008