Pooping problems

how much powder miralax is ok to give my 2.5 yr old who weighs 34 lbs? He has been having constipation/ holding poop in issues now for 2 weeks. We have already done two supositories because he cries that his back and belly hurts. He refuses to poop in potty or diaper :( please give any advice to help. I would like for him to poop in potty again but everything I've tried doesn't work. Also how long do I keep trying to get him to potty on his owb without the help of supposiory before I take him to dr about the issue? He is just being a stubborn toddler when itcomes to pooping just not sure how to help him.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My doctor told me to use half the adult dosage for my 2 year old. She weighs the same. Hope this helps. I would, however, mention it to your doctor at your next visit.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would call the doctor and ask.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• In fact, I would call your dr before giving anything to him. I'd up the fiber in his diet as well. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Give him applesauce and apple juice. Too much and my family ALWAYS gets the runs. Before giving ANY medication, consult your physician. I'm pretty sure that's even printed on the packaging of most OTC stuff.

IF you're potty training and this is an issue from that, try letting him squat on the toilet seat to poop. My son refused to poop as well because the splashing of the poop hitting the water would get his butt wet and scared him. He thought we had monsters in the toilet.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd call his doctor and ask and apple ciders good at getting stuff to move
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011