I'm breastfeeding. Can I use Hydroxycut?

I want to use that powdered Hydroxycut that goes in a little bottle of water for a little boost in energy and to help me along with weightloss. Mostly the energy. It doesn't matter how much I sleep, I'm still exhausted. A friend of mine mentioned it and I wanted to know if it's safe to take while breastfeeding my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• oh give me a break rude people! like you NEVER asked a question about what you could and couldn't do while pregnant or breastfeeding? get off the high horses folks! it's a legitimate question IMO and I'm not even the OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Holy Hell I hope this is a joke!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• no

think about it like this - anything you take will go into your breastmilk... do you want your baby to have all that "added energy" ?

go with natural like vitamin b-12
    Anonymous

• no it is very bad for the baby and everything that u take in the baby takes in
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't....
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm not sure. Do they have a web site? My guess would be no just cuz it's prob like a lot of caffeine and then could make baby jittery? Good luck and I hope you find an answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Call your Pediatrician. I honestly don't know but I'm gonna go with probably not. I know you wanna loose weight asap but breastfeeding is a good way too. It burns a lot of calories. For extra energy I would suggest looking up natural ways...foods that have energy in them or drink some coffee. :)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am gonna say NO, even if you are told it wont go into your breast milk which i highly doubt i would never put anything in my body that i didnt want my child to have. I breast fed for 5 years straight (2 different kids) i had to give up alot of things but it was worth it. Also keep in mind rthat if you are losing weight too rapidly that is not a great thing for your milk either according to my doctor.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Please say this is a joke? You need the extra fat and nutrients right now. You take hydroxycut and you may as well be starving yourself. And anon 11:42, we're not claiming perfection or asking questions, but I'm sorry, something like hydroxycut while breastfeeding is well (and no offense to the OP) a bit stupid. Its dangerous to the mother and baby, and while most of us figure it was common sense, the OP may not have known the dangers it could cause. Perhaps you are the one who needs to get off the horse?
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2008