For those who are losing weight or who have lost weight

How do you stay motivated? I have my own ways, but I am curious to hear what others do.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I stay motivated best my motivating others! I weighed 300lbs (or right around it) for 13 years. As of now, I have maintained 120lbs lost for 7 years. Only going up and down little bits at a time for the most part. I have always been one to motivate others and keep others going.. and seeing their attempts and their success' keeps me going!
    AudraMorgan

Answer by AudraMorgan at 9:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Its so difficult to stay motivated. I have only just started with my weight loss but I think if I am just a couple of stone lighter I can do more and be more active with my children, it spurs me on to keep going. I'm fortunate I don't have a lot to lose other than the baby weight that I should have lost 5 years ago!!! But chocolate is my downfall, its really hard find the motivation to avoid a serious case of the munchies.
    LouLou6020

Answer by LouLou6020 at 7:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It is hard to stay motivated especially when you have no one supporting you. Just stick with what you are doing and keep losing. I look at it this way the more weight I lose the longer I'll be around to enjoy and nag my children!! Also it will help my health issues I am dealing with. I have lost 40 plus pounds but have a long way to go to reach my goal but I don't weigh myself on a scale at home either I just go to my doctor once a month and he weighs me. Another thing I do is write down everything I eat which has helped me. Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I keep my mind on the way I want to look. I have never had to lose more than about 15-20 lbs (that was after having my son) but there's definitely a difference in the way you look, I think. So I focus on how I want to look, and I try to remember that I always feel good after a workout.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• After my second daughter was born life got really hectic for 2 years and I didn't lose a lb. of the 50-60 lbs of baby weight. So I joined the Y and started working out. When I hit a plato I got one of the Y trainers. She has kicked my butt to within 10 lb. of me. So between the trainer and hating how I didn't look like me in the mirror I have stayed motivated. And my husband said if I lost all the weight we would get me a new wardrobe. Since just after I had my first we went through my cloths and got ride of 90% of it, as it was from high school, and really wasn't me anymore. And I have only purchase a little bit since then and most of that doesn't fit anymore. So that is a major motivation. Plus I love feeling strong again, I picked up a 30lb bag of dog food and carried it by myself out to the car, I was so impressed with myself a year ago I could barley lift it into the cart, that felt great.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't know. I've been stuck at my current weight for about 6 months.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• At the beginning it was mini goals. Usually in 10 pound increments and 10% of my starting body weight.
    The other day we went out to eat and I could only have half my turkey burger. And it sucked. And I was thinking about eating the whole thing (I'm calorie counting) and then my husband pointed out that if I keep with my diet and exercise, and keep losing at the rate I've been losing- I should only have 7 to 9 weeks left. 7 to 9 weeks, I can do that. And then I can go from eating 1200 calories a day to eating closer to 2100 a day.

That and my family. So we've got a reunion this week and they don't know that I've been losing weight (lost 78 pounds in less than 6 months) and I'm super excited to see the looks on their faces. Huge motivation for me.

And I just wanna be done already!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm lucky my DH and I are doing it together so I took a picture of the two of us from when we first met and put it out our dresser, I also track our weight & inches each week
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Keep looking at old pics of myself...and just remembering that all good things take good time. And in the long run, those food treats are really a punishment, NOT a reward.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011