Starting to think im the one with the problem...

we got another new neighbor over the weekend and already having problems. they were in my drive way messin with my car, in my garden, which is next to my front window. looking in the back patio door and scared the hell out of my daughter. it seems all of the neighbors here let their kids do whatever, the people behind me moved in a couple of months ago and they were also messin in my yard, shootin birds and stray cats, banging on my satalite dish and c/a unit. other ppl kid's here go to the culvert in my yard to get rocks to throw at cars and such. the culverts are at least 5 feet high and have broken bottles in there.

I just want to be left alone, i dont bother anyone, my family and i just keep to ourselves, we stay in our yard when we play. with everyone letting their kids do whatever im thinking that maybe im in the wrong, maybe its normal for kids to do whatever in a town home complex. this is the first semi-apartment i ever lived in, we have always rented houses in the past with private yards. I cant wait till we move, just waiting for closing..
what do you think..do i have the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. I hate being bothered also. I dont like my neighbors parking where they shouldnt, the kids screaming and banging on the walls, leaving toys in my driveway, or messing with any of our property. I am just a snobby neighbor though. I prefer to not even speak to my neighbors. I hate pretending like I like someone just because they happen to live next door! BLAH! The problems not you, trust me. I am the same way. I like my privacy!
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Um no, if people are messing with your stuff on your property then it's not you it's them. Sounds like a neighbourhood that you should definately leave. I hope things go well with your closing and you get out of there quick!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would NOT be ok with that. It's not you, people should be paying attention to what their kids are doing and letting them just terrorize someone else's yard!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

•  i feel ya.. i moved into an apartment complex recently that has literally hundreds of kids. they slit the tires on my bike. they are always running up and down the hallways screaming. but in order to keep the peace i keep my bike inside and try to mind the noise. but i will be moving when my lease is up next year. i hope you get o move soon

ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• we been here 4 years and this past year, we have gotten some wild people for neighbors, people normally only stay 6 months before moving cause the raise rent after 6 months and they dont take housing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No you don't! It's the other lazy parents who throw their kids outside so they don't have to deal with them. I'm sorry you are going through this!!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd probably put up no trespassing signs everywhere,I like my privacy too,hope you can move soon.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• NO LOL YOU don't. even if you are in a complex next to other people with kids. they should respect that your renting that space out, i would call the cops on then and tell them they need to get out of you patio.. etc. if they aren't actually touching or in your spot where you rent you can't do anything but touching your car and in your renting area then yes call the cops and do something. you have in appropriate neighbors . and That just sucks im sorry
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 9:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Nope, and I am glad you are leaving. Sounds like a very unstable neighborhood to begin with.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2011