Is It Wrong ?

Is it wrong to hold my daughter & sons birthday parties together ? he turns one in november on the 29th & my daughter turns 2 on the 22nd of december...? It isnt to save money its jsut its so close to christmas and people make holiday plans and we have people wo ned to travel interstate to be here.

Nicole_Anne

Asked by Nicole_Anne at 1:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• No I don't think so...but maybe make it on a day that is neutral to both...Like Dec 3 or 4? I think if you held it on his bday then it might make her feel like it is more his day than hers, but if it is a day that is neither one's bday then it is the same for both of them.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I remember extremely disliking my parents holding my sisters and I's birthday on the same day. I'm not sure why, but given your circumstances her birthday is really close to christmas so I can understand why. Definitely shoot for a day right in the middle.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I dont think it's wrong, I just wouldnt do it.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hated sharing birthdays with anyone when I was a kid. Maybe I was selfish but IMO birthdays are supposed to be a day all about that child. If you can I'd have them on separate days just so they can have their day. Since they are so young though I don't know if they'd notice yet. Maybe food for thought when they get older though.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My DD remembers her 3rd birthday, but not the first or second. When they're older you'll have to do them seperate, for now it's no big deal.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• at this age, no it's actually probably better for them so they don't get overly jealous when the other is openning presents and they aren't.
    we actually do this with my daughter and my nephew (have since they were a year old).. they were both born dec 22nd as well.. (of 07' though). an hour in a half apart across the hall from one another. lol.
    NOW I have to find a way to mix in my youngest daughter (I have two).. whos' birthday is the 8th of december and she'll be a year old as well, lol. So I definitely understand what you mean about the holidays.
    For now they don't mind sharing their birthdays... in a few years you may want to switch it up some.. maybe do your daughters before her bday by a few days (so it lands on a weekend) and your sons after the holidays, in january for bigger family or party like events and just make a special day for them on their actual bdays..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• such as a small cake and maybe a few presents, and their fave dinner or something on their actual bdays.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yeah i was shooting for a mutal day that isnt ther actual birthday's to celebrate with friends and family and on there actual birthday something with family.. thanks for the opinions everyone...
    Nicole_Anne

Comment by Nicole_Anne (original poster) at 2:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My sister and I always had our family birthday parties together (our birthday's are only 8 days apart) but we always had our own friends parties.
    elliesmum06

Answer by elliesmum06 at 6:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Not at all. My brother and I ALWAYS had combined parties (family parties). It is easier. My DD and her cousin have a combined party every year, and will continue to do so for more years to come. They are 6 days apart birthday wise. Why have 2 parties in which the SAME people will be invited? I LOVE COMBINED PARTIES.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011