For the fireworks, Would it be okay to have my 7 week old in the car and me ...Or would it still be too loud for her? With windows up and all?

Advice please!! If you dont think this is safe i will not attend..But i was wondering if it would be okay to have my peanut in the car and me with her in the car, would it still bother her or cause harm to her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That should be ok. My daughter loved them, even at that young of an age. If the baby starts to act afraid then leave.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I took my DD at about that age, I just watched them from a little further distance then I normally would. It probably won't hurt her ears, I'd be more worried that she'd be frightened.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• in the car yes outside no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't know that it would cause harm per se...but I probably would not take a 7 weeks old out in a place where crowds and heat could be issues. Noise in the car would depend on how close you are to the launch. If you were far enough away you didn't feel or heat much of the percussion ,no big deal. If you were close enough to hear or feel both..too close.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my biggest concerns would be the heat.. tomorrows suppose to be really hot in most places and high in humidity as well.. if you have A/C that's one thing i guess (my car doesn't, thankfully it's in the shop and I have the van, and that DOES, lol so i'm not in a big rush to get my car back from the shop).

the noise I don't think would be a big issue in the car.. bugs would be because you can't use bug spray on an infant that young..
    and the crowd would worry me a little as well..
    really it would depend.. Me personally.. it would suck, i'm not gonna lie, the fourth is my favorite holiday, lol, but I think with an infant I would consider staying home or perhaps staying at a friends house near by.. I have a 3 yo and a 7 month old and am still unsure how things will go and am up to leaving if it gets to be too much.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When in doubt don't do it. It still might be a little scary because your still going to hear the fireworks in the car with the windows rolled up. I would be more concerned with it being too loud. If your a good distance away and its not too loud and you don't have too many people being loud around your car it should be ok. But people get rowdy too and personally it would annoy me if I had a 7 week old around a bunch of drunk obnoxious people. Itleast thats how it usually is at my fireworks display they have in Houston. I don't know you have to consider what the environment will be like.
    Allisonc7910

Answer by Allisonc7910 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It may be a bit warm in the car with the windows up! I know in the UK today it is very warm but if you have a good air con then maybe it wouldn't be an issue. Other than the heat I can't see it being a problem myself.
    LouLou6020

Answer by LouLou6020 at 5:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011