Pains and dehydration?

I just found out I'm pregnant today. But for the past couple of days it felt like my body has been wanting to start my monthly visit from mother nature. But I havent. I keep checking cause I'm scared I might. And it cause me to loose my baby. I dont exactly remember this hapening with my first one. And another thing. I know I'm dehydrated. But water is making me sick to my stomach. What should I do to help keep hydrated? With my firt baby. I started to go into kidny failure cause I didnt drink enough water. But the same thing. It made me sick then too. I just dont want to put this one in harm's way. Please help. I'm in tears from being scared that I'm going to screw up somewhere and loose the baby.

russian-mommy

Asked by russian-mommy at 12:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes dehydration can cause cramps such as the kind you get right before your cycle.

have you tried juice? I can't stand the taste (or lack there of I guess) of water, pregnant or not.

anything liquid is better than nothing. Juice, tea, milk, even jello and soups. and vegetables have water in them too, maybe eat some watermelon or other fruit you like.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I was going to say the same thing. Try any beverage you can keep down, like Gatorade or caffeine-free tea, soup, fruits and veggies. The pain could be from dehydration. Hopefully, the nausea will pass, and you'll be able to keep down fluids. Water is VERY important, especially in pregnancy, as it affects the amniotic fluid, which changes hourly.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• with each of my pregnancies, each one is getting worse right from the start. my doctor said its most important to eat small meals. liquid some times makes the stomach more upset, dont force it. try little sips when you can. when you are extremly sick and you force yourself, often i end up actually throwing it all up. if you are eating, fruit too, you should be okay until the morning sickness stops. and my sickness often feels like I have my period. good luck!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I statrted having contractions with #3 at like 13 weeks due to dehydration, so becareful. My first son did get put in the hospital in dec 2004 for dehydration even though he was nursing all the time. as for pains, that just depend on the person and pregnancy
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2008