I can't sleep!!!!

So annoyed. I know we all have issues and quite honestly mine aren't too bad. I've been through hella worse. What do you do when you can't sleep?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• lol i'm in the same boat, and hopped on cafemom because I couldn't sleep either. i'll probably get off, and lay in bed, and try to clear my mind and/or find a REALLY boring show on TV and hope for the best
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ambien! It should be kicking in at any moment:)
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't recommend Ambien, it has severe side effects. Benadryl doubles as sleep aid. First, if you want to get to sleep you have to make sure you're going to sleep at a regular time and start to get up at the proper time as well. Even if you've only gotten 3 hours o sleep, just get up at the time you wish to wake up to reset the sleep cycle. Sometimes listening to soothing music like Enya with headphones on a low volume can help you fall asleep. Make sure the room temp is cool to help you sleep around 70 degrees. Don't drink anything with caffeine past 4 or 5pm depending on when you want to go to sleep. Caffeine can take from 4-8 hours before it loses its effect. Don't read, try milk as it induces sleep, no exercise, do slow breathing exercises and just empty your mind of thoughts. Imagine being at a peaceful place, like a beach or a park.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You can take an over-the-counter pill known as "Melatonin" (Vitamin section) it is a natural supplement that your body makes already to help you sleep. Sometimes your body doesn't make enough of its own ...If you take some Melatonin it can help you fall asleep with virtually NO side effects!! Very safe and doctor recommended!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2011