How long did it take you to get pregnant?

Hey I'm just super curious.. I haven't got pregnant yet and we have been having unprotected sex since September of last year.. Are they someting wrong with us? Help please!

Grace91

Asked by Grace91 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't trying to get pregnant. I was on the pill and using a condom and Fertile Myrtle over here gets pregnant anyway. My family is gifted like that. It depends on your age and other health factors, also diet and alcohol consumption. Just give it time and it will happen. Good luck to you.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It took me a year to get my period back once I got off Depo and then another 4 months to get pregnant after that. Good luck hun
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I tried for 6 months, just unprotected sex. Then I went back on the pill for a year or 2. Then we tried again, I read up on the best times of the month and took prenatel vitamins as soon as I went off the pill. I got pregnant immediately. I had endometriosis, so I was concerned it would take a while.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Alot of couples it generally takes up to 1 year providing there is nothing wrong with your fertility. After a year the doctors will normally start to check to see if there is any medical reason. Are you charting or monitering when your havign sex because the window is only like 48 - 72 hours a month that you will concieve. I suffer from PCOS and it took me 3 years and 2 months without medication - I am now 12 weeks pregnant with baby #1.... If you havent already done so look at joining the trying to concieve group on here - theyre very helpful!!
    vickiw89

Answer by vickiw89 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We tried for about 3 months and nothing happened, we decided to stop obsessing about it and the next month, BAM! I am pregnant, unfortunately I had a miscarriage, but I got pregnant about 3 weeks after the miscarriage, then when DD was 6 months we found out I was pregnant again, this time not only did I have an IUD but we also used condoms. DH likes to think he has "super sperm".
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• 3 months on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and I was pregnant. :P
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 2:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I just had to look at my husband and was pregnant...lol! The only time that it took any time at all to get pregnant was when we were actually trying to concieve...and it took 3 months.
    I think that that actual "TRYING" makes it harder to get pregnant! I would say be spontanious and maybe things will happen easier. A unexpected but very welcome surprise! :)
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• wasnt trying got pregnant then had my baby girl & bam 8 weeks later pregnant again...
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 2:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I got prego right away but I had a mc and I've been trying since March.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Everyone is different! With my first I went off bc (The pill, yasmin) in September and was pregnant by November. With my second, I went off bc (iud) in February and was pregnant by March. But I've known plenty of people who have nothing wrong with them and it's taken them a bit.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2011