Does it annoy when...

you have company and they just won't leave? We had people over for a BBQ this evening and it was fun and all, but DD was fussy. I tried to put her down and she did fall asleep but then they were so loud that she woke up (the boys were playing on DH's xbox), this was @ 8:30, I thought DD waking up and screaming would be a sign that maybe it was time for them to leave, but nope they just left me to deal with an upset baby, so I stayed upstairs in my bedroom with door closed for 20 minutes trying to sooth her, finally had to come down and give her a bottle and try again, they still didn't leave! After 9 they finally decided to "head out". Is it just me or does it annoy you when company doesn't get the hint that it is time for them to go?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 1:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• OMG YES!!!! My MIL does that crap all the time...and by all the time I mean every single time she comes over and it drives me batshit insane! And what's worse is that she will sit up on my couch and FALL ASLEEP instead of just taking her ass home! One time she was over here and did that and HER mama woke her up and told her how rude that was and that they needed to just go....I don't understand how people don't know when it's time to leave!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I find it annoying also, if i feel someone has over-stayed their welcome i say well im gonna have to kick ya out I have to get kids....bed, bath..ect. I do it nicely and friends dont seem offended by it, at least I hope not I dont mean to be rude, I love to be social but only in small doses
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes,i think it is very rude.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It does get a little annoying I'm to the point now with the people who visit me where if its time for them to leave I'll say it in the nicest way possible that they need to go.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Even SIMS know staying to late is a no no..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LOL yes it does get annoying. They must lead a boring life to want to stay so long. I would just give them another hint by saying that you just want to see them out and make sure they are okay to drive as you walk toward the door....
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's annoying, but you can't expect men to get any hints. Let DH know what time you want people out and he can help you politely usher them all to the door.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• The sad thing is that it wasn't just the men, the wife was the worst one! She was talking so loudly, like we were really far when we were in the same room (our living room is pretty small). She was the one who wanted them to keep playing so she could stay. I get that she doesn't get to hang out with women a ton (they have her BIL living with them and for a while another guy was living with them as well), so I am the only female she really talks to much, but really when you are keeping my 9 month old daughter awake past 9?
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• lol I'm sorry. My family and my mom are the those people. We have friends like that too. We only do the stay late things with them though. I know when I'm not welcome and will leave then. My sister is like that. She will just get up and say well I'm going to bed and it'd not even late or she'll just get up and leave the room to go to bed. She's one of those people who are the last to get there and the first to leave.
    With my friends though we know if someone's kid isn't doing so well, like your dd trying to sleep, then we leave. Just like if out kids aren't having a good time we leave too. The long visits usually happen when we've not seen eachother for a while.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hate when that happens!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011