Cat pee smell? adult content

My 18 year old Siamese Cat went to the bathroom behind the dryer. I am going to have someone help me pull it out so I can clean the floor. I have thought about pulling up all the old vynel flooring, and put down ceramic tiles to keep the smell below the tiles. Has anyone had this problem. Whenever I use my dryer, it smells awful in there. HELP. I am planning on taking the floor down to the slab, and put a a self leveling cement, then lay the tiles and grout them. Can one old lady and one young man do this job ourselves? Do any of the major companies, Like Lowe's offer classes?
Thanks. This does include information I am not proud of. But I cannot stand the smell. ICK.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Try using a bioenzymatic cleaner made to get rid of pet smells/stains like Out cleaner. It's sold in most Petsmarts and Walmarts. Spray and let it sit for 5-10 mins then wipe clean then spray again but more lightly then let that air dry

It looks like this (but also comes in bigger refill bottles.

http://www.amazon.com/OUT-Stain-Odor-Remover-Ounce/dp/B000FFI3AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309762398&sr=8-1

I would make sure there's no way for the cat to get back there again and you also need to address why your cat's not peeing in a litter box like it should. Does it not like the litter? Try a different type of litter. If you're not using scoopable litter, you should try it. Cats are finicky and if you can't remove clay litter fast enough, it won't use it. Praise the cat everytime it uses the box and maybe even give a treat and everytime you catch it about to go, pick it up quickly and put it in the litter box
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Sprinkle area with baking soda. Let sit for a bit, then sprinkle with water making paste, rub in let dry then wipe up.
    DeBee13

Answer by DeBee13 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• This very old Siamese cat, has always been trained to poo and pee int the bathroom toilet. She can no longer balance, and I am afraid it is time to put her to rest.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 3:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• how about a litter box?
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 4:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• She does not like the feel of cat litter, I have used newspaper, but she tries her best to get on the toilet seat.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My two cats went through a long phase in marking our basement door because the neighbor cats were fretting them. Luckily our floor was just concrete and I mopped it up with water and bleach. I know it is none of my business, but I would not put a pet down just because they are using the "bathroom" elsewhere. My parents have a dog who is 18 or so and constantly leaves puddles and piles in the floor. My dad has had enough, but my mom will not give up on him. I wish you the best!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• This is one reason I dont have cats!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• We have had good luck with a product called Petzyme. You can buy it at petsmart.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think you'll just need to clean it REALLY well.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would take your kitty to the vet. Older cats are prone to cysts, kideny stones, and bladder infections. They often hide their waste in innoppriate places because they are scared, and/or can not make it to the usual area fast enough. If the vet gives him a clean bill of health, it is a behaviorial issue. Anything disturb him lately? Someone new moving in, neighbor getting a new cat, a cat in the area marking its territory too close to them, etc. Those can be endless, and you have to eliminate them one by one. They make a spray that [lugs into the wall that makes cats more calm. It has pheromones in it. It costs about 20 dollars, but lasts about a month or so.
    If the cat will no longer use its litter box(or toilet in the case:) ) because of age then again something medical is going on. Maybe it needs something for achy joints/arthritus, etc. Is the cat spayed/neutered? They also mark if not altered.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011