My dd's earing won't turn it seems to be stuck

My dd has had her ears pierced for 2.5 years, roughly. She has had a pair of little hoop earings in for about a year now. I will turn them occasionally, she doesn't like it, but I don't recall doing them for atleast a month. The part of the circle that you put inside to hook it in is in her hole and I can't turn it. Could it have grown over it or something, why could it not be turning. Her other ear is just fine.
Anyone ever had something like this happen?
Also I don't care to hear, that's why I don't believe in piercing children's ears and so on. My other dd has had her's for 4.5 years and nothing wrong with them.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I had that problem when I was seven because I had an ear infection and had a lot of discharge from my ear and it dried into the earring. Try some peroxide and, if that doesn't help, you might take her to her doctor.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes peroxide should do the trick. Keep putting it in until the crust is dissolved and keep trying to turn it.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• That happened to me when I was younger. In my case it was an infection, and I used peroxide on a cottonball until it cleared up. I also found that my ears were sensitive to certain type of earring materials/platings and when I used better quality earrings they did not get infected. You may want to check to see if your daughter has any sensitivity to any type of earring materials/plating.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• huh, she has had a few ear infections in that ear over the last year, I would have never thought of that, thanks!!
    I plan to call the dr tomorrow, as long as I don't touch it she seems fine about it.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I know that both my husband and I are both sensitive to certain metals, and if we let our earrings sit for even a week's time, we have them get stuck too.... we also have to use peroxide and then keep trying to turn them.... GL!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• use vaseline on it, probaly infected
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 6:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2011