How To Break an Obnoxious Habit...

Ok, so I've been biting my nails since elementary school. I am 21 now and I have tried several times to stop and I can get my nails to grow out but, as soon, as I become aware of them then I start biting them again.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• get acrylic nails
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 2:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I've tried that several times. I keep them about a month and then I end up chewing them off.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Put a rubberband on your wrist and snap it everytime you bite your nails or even think about it. I bet you'll be over it in less than two weeks...
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• That might help. I'll try that.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Don't they have some nasty flavored stuff you can paint on them to keep from biting? I dunno...put something that doesn't taste so good on your nails.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 9:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I tried that. my niece used to have one of those Barbie fingernail polish making studio things and I used to make different colors with vinegar instead of water in them. I also tried hot sauce and pepper even cough syrup. Nothing helped. I would try and chew it a couple of times and then the stuff would come off and I would just start chewing again.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011