Need Pet Advice

My dog ate half of a hard plastic toy,i don;t know if she has been able to pass it.Do i need to give her some of laxative? Shes not sick but i'm concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pets

• I would continue to monitor her. I know it's gross but you ate going to have to go "treasure hunting " in the poop to she whether she has passed it. It can all depend on tje size of your dog. Usually it can take up to 24 hoirs to pass. Signs of as a vet calls a "foreign body obstruction " are vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic and npt eating or drinking. It will usually begin within 24 hours. Your best bet is to take her to a vet. The longer it is in there tje worse off it can get. Speaking from experience as a vet assistant. Beem through many of tjese. Any signs of these u see take her tp the vet right away. Keep me posted.
    luvmyboys11

Answer by luvmyboys11 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd let her be for now. No laxatives. If she seems miserable on tuesday cal the vet. Or if she seems in pain call an animal hospital.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd keep a close eye on her and check her poop to make sure she passes it. If she starts to show any signs of distress or doesn't pass anything, call the vet.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You would die if you knew the things my dog has eatn! As long as she doesnt seem to have a blockage (she keeps pooping), she eats normally, I wouldnt worry about it. Dogs are pretty tuff!
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 3:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• If you truly love your pet, you will take her to the vet and get her an xray. She could have ingested sharp edges which can cause internal bleeding. Don't leave this to chance. Your pet deserves the same medical treatment you would give to any person in your family.
    Terry10017

Answer by Terry10017 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My dog eats his toys all the time.. I truly love my dog, but I just watch how hes acting.. if he act sick I will take him in, if not.. i let him be..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2011