2yr old taking allergy stuff, please read!!!

I wrote a question earlier concerning my 2 yro having diarrhea for a few days and throwing up just once this morning. Anyway a few days ago, my dh went and bought 'pediacare for children' for her allergies and he gives her the meds cause she takes it better from him. Well I saw the bottle tonight and I saw it was only for those who are 4 yrs old and up. We still give the dose her doc gave us the teaspoon size. Can this stuff be causing her vomiting and diarrhea?? We gave it to her last night and the day before, just once at nighttime cause it seems to be when she has the uncontrollable sneezing and wanting to rub her nose off he face and her eyes gets puffy. Happens when we get alot of humidty. It affects her during the day too, only not as bad and we are able to give her a half of a tsp and it takes the edge off her symptoms. Any advice? Is this dangerous? Whats the difference between the 2??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• Is the dose you gave her smaller than that recommended for a 4 year old? Are you sure it's the same med the Dr recommended, there is allergy med for 2 and up? I'd probably get her one of those and see if the symptoms go away.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 3:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• the dosage on the 2 and up is a teaspoon as well as the 4 and up
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 5:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Call and ask the pharmacist. They would be able to tell you better about the possible side effects.

For allergies you can give her Children's Claritin. It's made for kids 2 and up.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Have you tried switching your home and personal care products? I'm not saying this will work - but it did for me. i completely switched all my home and personal care products - got rid of all the bleach, ammonia, aerosols, formaldehyde and now use products from a company that uses effective, naturally derived ingredients and no fillers or phosphates. I had considered myself green and was shocked that so many of my "green" products contained toxins. I noticed my children's allergies and eczema cleared up within a month of the switch. I hope your daughter feels better soon - allergies suck!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• @dew...I only use bleach to disinfect my dh work stuff (have to do it) ammonia and all that other stuf I do not use anyway cause I have VERY sensitive skin. My dd allergies act up when the dew point gets above 65% so I do know she has mildew allergies which does suck.
    @MrsMWF...I know about the Clartin, but I do not know if she can use it and I am hesitant to use it cause oddly enough I am allergic to it. lol.. Go figure
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2011