This is for fellow homeschoolers and teachers: what do you think of my ideas?

okay, so as you can tell, i homeschool.
i (over the summer months and into the school year) will take each lesson week by week and introduce a new 'lesson', provide a project to help emphasize the lession and then do recap and review on fridays...i think this will not only be fun and keep my kids interests, but this will (i think) encourage their creativity and assist them in their 'group study' skills.

for the following subjects, what are some projects that you can suggest that can span over the course a week?
*geography
*history
*science

HappyHmsklNapps

Asked by HappyHmsklNapps at 3:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• But we're using lapbooking and notebooking together and I'm tying in their spelling, writing, reading, math, geography, and history in with each lesson.
    I like your idea of the week would go.
    I think lapbooking throughout the week while you are learning your subject would be an awesome way to record and make a recap at the end of the week a lot easier.
    I use www.homeschoolshare.com for ideas. They have tons of free printables and information.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm doing unit studies.. first 7wks is animals. Starting off with birds.. characteristics/craft, go bird watching at the park, learn about owls (nocturnal), ostriches (can't fly), and hummingbirds (my dd loves them). Next is reptiles. Characteristics/craft, learn about sea turtles (encouraged by Nemo.. lol), alligators/crocodiles, and snakes (there's a lot of them here). Next is fish.. characteristics/craft.. learn about sharks (also encouraged by Nemo) and fishing with DH to learn first hand about local freshwater fish. Then, Amphibians characteristics/craft.. Frogs/toads life cycles and salamanders (we'll take a trip to austin to try to find an endangered species at a public natural spring.) Insects.. Characteristics/craft, ants, praying mantis, dragonfly, butterfly. Mammals characteristics/craft. Cheetah (carnivore), Deer (herbivore), Raccoon (omnivore). Primates characteristics/craft. Local animals. End at zoo!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Tell me, how do you socialize the children? Do you have a degree in teaching? what qualifies you to teach?
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2011