I want to make my own baby food. Any advice?

I dont know how to preserve it. I just started getting into jarring and pickling food like vegetables and jam and I really want to start making my own baby food. I was thinking of making big batches and jarring it like I do my vegetables. Does anyone know about this? Any advice?

1LuckyMama33

Asked by 1LuckyMama33 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• look up finding groups on hear there are grops on making your own baby food and give you recepes
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• use ice cube trays and freeze it then put it in snack baggies you just pull a cube or two out when you need it.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Go to This website , Its great . Being a homemade baby food maker , this site has helped me ALOT , ha
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/index.htm
    But i just puree some food , and put it in snack bags , and put them in the freezer . Hope i helped .(:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 6:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Whatever you do just don't freeze or boil the jars store-bought foods come in. Microscopic glass shards can get in the food.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 7:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I buy the Ball jars from the hardware store for canning things. I already freeze the food in ice trays but I wanted to start canning it too.
    1LuckyMama33

Comment by 1LuckyMama33 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• There are these fancy devices for making baby food, but a food processor or blender and some ice cube trays are all you really need. I bought the book So Easy Baby Food, it gives a guide for what ages to introduce certain foods, how long they keep, some flavorings you can put in, what others vegs/fruits to mix with. They also make a toddler meal book, I made those when he was older and froze them in snack bar trays from tupperware. GL
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

I did this too. I used the book "super baby foods" to help me. It's a great book! I made all my son's food from scratch. He never ate commercialized or jarred baby food. If you want to know why read the book "crazy makers". Both of these books are not new out, so they can be found in a library.

I also used all organic produce for my son's food (we don't eat all organic as a family, but when it came to the baby food, for that i did organic only).

If you want specific advice on preparing, storing, freezing, receips, etc, please feel free to pm me.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2011