Has any other mom's used Zofran during Pregnancy?

I am 10 weeks and my doctor had me on phenergan and it just made me so much worse. I called my doctor and she gave me Zofran which has been a pill of magic but some days it doesnt seem to work as great. I have noticed when i do take the Zofran i have VERY VERY VERY BAD constipation, as when i dont take it my body doesnt seem to have any problems having a BM.
Has any other moms had problems with constipation while using Zofran?
What did you find helpful other than stop taking the medication?

AutiesMom2005

Asked by AutiesMom2005 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I took Zofran with 2 of my pregnancies, and I don't remember it causing any constipation for me. Try eating more fiber, like oatmeal. HTH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I took Zofran with my first pregnancy....did wonders! I remember no side effects (but that could also be due to the fact all I really wanted was to stop puking my guts out...)

My insurance wouldn't cover Zofran for my second pregnancy so I took Phenergan. It made me feel drunk, and gave me restless leg syndrom, so I couldn't take it.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 9:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I took Zofran with both pregnancies (well, generic on the second). I did have an issue with constipation, but it was suspected to be my prenatals. I switched prenatals and that worked great.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011