Omg i brougt a pop top drink fo my daughter its ment to be apple and pear!!and there little juce drinks.... i put it in the freezer opened it up and it gased like a coke drink i smelt it and smells like achole no joks and tased like v.b achole but watered down.... that is soo wrong im going to go down the shops and complain even though i dont have the receat! honestly omg i cant get over this

Lisa_7777

Asked by Lisa_7777 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It may have been a storage problem. If the drink had fermented due to that you would get a fizz and a smell that you might mistake for alcohol when you opened it. :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I agree with winterglow. As you may know apples ferment and give off an alcohol smell, had this with apple juice. :)
    LouLou6020

Answer by LouLou6020 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Good thing you noticed. It probably had fermented though, it can happen.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 5:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• The fizz may br from the freezer. Poptops are pressured.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 7:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Maybe it's fermented? Maybe it was stored wrong or something...
    My son was served fermented OJ at a restaurant and I thought it was alcohol at first... it had a alcohol taste and was fizzy! I was like WTF is this!? Rotten OJ!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes, write the manufacturer and they will send you coupons for a free drink. It happens when the drink ferments or is stored wrong. I had an applesauce like that once.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• thanks ladies
    Lisa_7777

Comment by Lisa_7777 (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011