Happy parents make for happy children, Do you agree?

I believe that happy parents make for a happy child or children whether one is married or not. Contrary to some of the posts that I have read. One does not have to be married to raise happy children. Some couples are not happy, and the children often suffer in that setting and mirror that misery or unintentionally become what they despise.

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 4:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes it helps a lot
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 4:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It sure helps.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• So very true!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• So very true!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Most certainly. One of my daughters friends parents have split up and she is so sad, she never smiles and takes it out on those close to her including my daughter who has now broken away from her. I like to think my children are happy, everyone in a relationship has their moments though so they cannot be happy all the time!
    LouLou6020

Answer by LouLou6020 at 5:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I agree, Married, single or other, as long as parents are happy, children will be happy :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• MOST of the time that saying applies.  Not always. Especially when you start talking about teens.

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• YES I AGREE, ANYTIME I HAVE SEEN A CHILD FROM A HOME WERE ONE OR BOTH OF THE PARENTS ARE UNHAPPY THE CHILD/CHILDREN ALL SEEM TO HAVE SOME ISSUES,SMALL AND LARGE. CHILDREN FROM HAPPY HOMES SEEM TO BE BETTER AJUSTED WITH LIFE.
    mommabear2216

Answer by mommabear2216 at 6:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yep
    QuantumLove

Answer by QuantumLove at 6:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yep, I agree. That's why most people suggest to those with a rocky marriage NOT to stay together for the kids. Divorced parents do much better than disfuctional ones if the parents keep the lines of communication open and move on.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011