wondering about Christmas

I am compltly Agnostic but I follow Christian beliefs to the most part. I have pretty much taught myself about religion on my own free time. I was wondering what every ones opion in christmas is. Where did it originate from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh man, not this again, haha.

Try searching the "answers" section....

I'm by no means trying to be rude. Just not sure if you've searched the question yet...it's been asked a lot lately! It seems to be a battle over who stole what from where....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The Pagans! ^_^
    paganpiratemama

Answer by paganpiratemama at 1:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Here's a site that tells all about the true origins of Yule/Christ-Mass/Christmas...
    And it's from The History Channel...a nice, ubiased source. :)

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=61264&display_order=2&mini_id=1290
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=1252&display_order=2&sub_display_order=2&mini_id=1290

Sorry, this link is more direct!
    Jill42721

• Christmas originated a couple of thousand years ago when Jesus was born. God sent His ONLY son to die to save all of us so that we could live with Him. This was a miraculous birth from a virgin and a day that is acknowledged as the birth of Christ. He loves us so much. Merry Christmas!
    mspanos

Answer by mspanos at 9:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you want to know where Christmas comes from? It came from Retailers trying to make a Huge profit at the end of the year! That is it, The End.
    All the ppl want to scream it is about christ and the pagans blah blah blah. No it is not! It is about Macy's wanting to profit, It is about Walmart suckering you in Yet again to to charge your credit cards all the way up, so You MIGHT have it paid off by this time next year!
    It is a bunch of BS, and I refuse to buy into it! I buy small gifts, max of $10 a person and you get what you get! Most of the time I will make stuff like cookies and cakes. I just hate this whole giagantic Spending Spree it has become. ENUFF
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 12:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• gee, I didn't realize that Walmart and Macy's pre-date Christ and Paganism.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1328151/Quit_putting_your_christ_in_my_yule

This is from answers.com read it. Christmas was formed while the christians were trying to convert the pagans.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008