What is the dumbest thing youve seen other parents do?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 6:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• The other day I saw a woman I know driving (speeding) down the hill in town, with her 2 year old's head hanging out the window, in the front seat.
    My neighbor spanks his 2 year old sons butt when he pees his pants, I told him spanking will only make it worse, I think he got the hint, he hasnt done it around me in a week.
    endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 7:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When I was pregnant, one lady would pull her kids close and shield the youngest's (5?) eyes. I don't know how not seeing pregnant teens will help...
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 7:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hate seeing ppl curse out their kids.
    I was in Childrens place the other dau and I heard this lady tell her son "move again and I will punch you in your mothf*@king face" this other mom stepped in and nxt thing I know there was arguing and just a mess! So sad.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have seen people spank their kids in public
    I have seen them cuss their kids in public
    I have seen them do all kinds of crazy crap.

Then I see the SAME parents at school being called (car riders) because their kid hit someone, cussed someone or whatever and they are so dumfounded and are like wow where did they learn that from? Golly gee I wonder?

Answer by gemgem at 8:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Putting their young daughter(4 at the time) outside, alone and unsupervised, with open beer cans sitting everywhere in 90+ heat, with no water whatsoever. She got thirsty and picked up a beer can and drank it! These same people also allowed their children to play on the roof of the apartment building and slide on a sheet of metal down a hill and into the street!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I too hate seeing someone curse out their kids or talk down on them.. Children will be built up into what we make them! One guy when I worked in collections for a wireless company started yelling and cursing at his daugther.. he said I am going to put her on the phone and I want you to tell her she is a ______ ________ idiot, and on and on he went. Finally I had enough.. and I said.. shes the idiot.. your the one thats the adult able to track the bill and set parental controls and did not! How is that the kids fault! I just get so mad when I hear adults doing that to children, they are listening, and they do believe everything you say about them. And even if they grow up to think thats not true, it takes years and years to train yourself to overcome those negative thoughts..... grrrr
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Oh lordy I could be here all day! But I'll just tell u the one that bothers most quite a bit, I hate when I see parents walk ahead of their very young children! They could get snatched up or hit by a car!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 9:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't like to hear people cussing at their kids.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Smoke while pregnant and smoking while having their newborn in a snuggli baby carrier.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my cousin has to be one of the not smartest persons I know, she put her son in a forward facing carseat at the age of 6 months, she was in a car accident that she walked away from and he had to have surgery to fix his cracked skull, and had to be medicaly induced comma to help stop the bleeding on his brain, they were in the hospital for a month, now he is about to be 1 this month but still under 20lbs (thats what she told me) and STILL has him in a forward facing carseat!!!
    Lesson not learned!!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2011