Ex-husband

does anyone have an ex-husband who has done absolutely nothing but takes all the credit??

fitness10

Asked by fitness10 at 7:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I have an almost 8 yr old with my ex. He has only been "in her life" for the last 3 1/2 but always wants to remind me that she is our dd. He has supervised visits every other weekend supervised by his mom. He can't even be bothered to show up for most of them. This weekend was his birthday so he declined his visit all together. Has a picture on facebook of her that says look what I made.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• omg--wow. sounds familiar. my ex was never around when the kids were young. I did every thing myself. Now that the girls are grown (18 and 23) he's freakin with them every other weekend. it 's easier for him now because they are adults and don't require anything--he never attended their functions, never had to drive them around, never had to get called at work they were sick at school... and his face book says "my baby graduated from high school. " i wanted to puke.
    fitness10

Comment by fitness10 (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My dd has had her K-5 graduation and countless school programs and plays. How many do you think he has shown up to? How many has he promised her he would come to? Who gets the blame from dd when he doesn't show up? I am so sick of it! Why are some men so damn sorry?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yep i know the feeling. he would promiste to attend a function, not show up, and then my daughter would be upset. Finally I stopped telling him about stuff--to avoid my daughter being disappointed.
    fitness10

Comment by fitness10 (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes lol. My older kids dad is that way.

Answer by gemgem at 8:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had hoped that this would all get better with time, but not from the sound of it. This is why I don't understand some people saying every parent has a right to be a part of their child's life. Being a parent does not give you license to break your child's heart repeatedly because you can't step up. And then for the father to take credit for the great adult they turned out to be is ridiculous!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My biological father contacted me via Myspace when I was 22 and had the odacity to sign the email with "Love, Dad". He was out of my life when I was 2 and I knew nothing about him except what my mom would tell me. Needless to say, I deleted the e-mail and thats that :o) Oh and this was 3 years ago!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• At least the fathers are around, even if its part time. My ex skipped out on child support and left the state. The kids haven't seen him in over two years, BUT I can still see this happening the kids are older and out of high school.
    Be happy for the parental involement the father do have in their lives and that they post on facebook, they are proud of their children.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My father is like that, every time my youngest brother (who is very successful) did something great, he was right there saying "that's my boy" but he didn't do anything for him or any of us. My brother takes it and lets him get away with it. If it was me i would call him on the bull.. but that is one of the many reasons, I don't have a relationship w/my dad and my brothers do
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• wow--well at least Bubbie0809 is wise enough to spot that. my adult children are totally brainwashed at this point--they are 18 and 23. hopefully some day they will wake up and realize.....
    fitness10

Comment by fitness10 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2011