Do you think this is fair?

We just recently moved to a new address and my husband specifically told me not to give our address or phone number to anyone; yet he has given them to everyone(his parents,his sister and brother, his friends) he knows.

In fact his Mom called yesterday morning at 9 AM and asked if we were doing anything and that they would be here in about an hour.

How would you feel? Do you think this is right? What would you do?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like a double standard- since he told you to keep the information private, but HE gave it out to everyone he knows. I would talk to him about it, and tell him that he needs to practice what he preached and it is not fair of him to ask you to keep quiet while he blabbed to everyone. I would let him know that you have the right to give out the information to the people you want to be in contact with, (like close friends/family).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It sounds like he is trying to protect you from getting hurt any more by your family. He's probaly tired of all the drama too! If you want to talk to someone, call them w/ your number blocked. I hope you have some friends or at least a few in the family that you could trust w/ your new address & phone #. He cant cut you off from everyone. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Why doesnt he want you to give the info out?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Id be afraid, what else in your life is he controling? This is not right, what about your family & friends?
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Of course it isn't fair. It's your house, too. Give your phone number to whomever you want to. If he doesn't like it, tell him he's your husband not your father!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would be calling my familiy asap with the info.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• But they are still your family.. no thats not right at all!!!!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't think it's fair at all, but it is possible that he is trying to protect you. If you want to give it to them, though, I think you should be able to!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No it isn't right. Why would he do that?
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 7:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Not fair or right!

Answer by older at 8:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2011