Diaper Rash & Cloth diapers-what to use?

In our rural area, I can't find a whole lot other than creams, pastes, and greasy ointments. I've got her naked with some A & D ointment on now, but I need some ideas on how to treat with cloth diapers ON so I don't have to worry about this rash getting bad the minute I take her out in public and she can't lie around and air out for 20 minutes. Home remedies are welcome, since my options are limited as far as store products go. Thanks!

preacherskid

Asked by preacherskid at 8:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have any flannel recieving blankets you are willing to sacrifice you can cut those into liners so the ointment won't touch the dipe.
    Nameismommy

Answer by Nameismommy at 8:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• OMG! i use this stuff called better butt(er) cream its ok to use with cloth! click here for the site.

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Lil outlaws rump rub is cd safe and im pretty sure California baby rash cream is as well! Or you could just use a scrap of fleece to lay in to protect the dipe!
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 8:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Coconut oil!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have always used bag balm on diaper rash, and wtih cloth diapers I just put a wash rag between the baby's butt and the diaper to protect it from the petroleum.

Works for our family.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I LOVED Balmex (the thick one in the tub) for diaper rash. It took it right away, I saw a difference very fast.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• clean the area, let air dry.. apply a mix of vaseline and cornstarch.. the vaseline acts as a moisture barrier to keep the urine away from the infected area so it has a chance to heal, and the cornstarch is the agent used to help it heal.

it's always worked great for me, it's doctor recommended over a lot of the other OTC diaper rash creams, and has been used by a lot of people for a long time.. in fact my mom use to use it when she worked in a nursing home and it worked wonders.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• the best thing ive used besides from a perscription called rielys butt cream..is butt paste its awesome its not greesy like a&d at all i love it ..i also use it in combo with baby powder with corn starch..good luck hope she feels better
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• The suggestion of using a fleece liner is what I did and it worked well. You can also use cornstarch to dry up the area. If it is a yeast infection and not a diaper rash, you will need to treat in a different way though; so just be aware of that.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 9:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2011