The song Apple Bottom Jeans, lyrics

What do you think the message is of this song? You can look at the lyrics by googling the name and lyrics. I was appalled when I realized that this really catchy tune,that everyone is singing, including small children, had words and a message that has adult lyrics and strong sexual overtones.

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 1:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That is an old song..once again America..Watch and listen to what your kids are watching and listening to..That is your job as a parent. Artists are going to make these songs and sell them to make millions..Do you think they care about your kids??
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Gosh that song is sooooo old!!!!! I don't listen to that style of music but my son (10) and his cousins learned some of the lyrics and that was it!, all he knew was "Apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur, shorty got low,low,low...hmmmm oh yeah reeboks with the straps .......... she hit the floor etc. when my son would try to dance to it he looked pretty cute, but that song came and went like a year ago! He didn't get all sexually curious about it, this is the first I hear of it. Like I said before, it is old, they don't even play it on the radio anymore.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• it's about the same as the song we used to listen too that starts with "Oh my god! Becky look at her butt!" forgot the name to it but it's the same message.

for crying out loud, it's just a song! teach your children what is proper behavior and what is not! don't leave it to the mass media, record companies, and hollywood to teach them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My 16 month old keeps saying "Low low low low.." and dancing because my sister and her friends play that song all the time. He's been going nuts over it for about 7 months now. If you look at THIS you'll see him dancing. My mom's just holding him upright.

gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• LOL Anon, "I like big butts and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a yadayada I get SPRUNG"!!!!! We laugh at that song here!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't care for this type of music, but I do think the chorus of this song is catchy. In what I have listened to of it, hes talking about a stripper that he manages, right? I had to listen to it about 20 times to get that much out of it. I usually don't pay close attention to the words of songs like I did when I was a teenager.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Turn the channel if you don't like it. But, is it still even on the radio?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Gigi1969 LOL Anon, "I like big butts and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a yadayada I get SPRUNG"!!!!! We laugh at that song here! "

you got it wrong! it goes " i like CLOTH butts , you other mothers can't deny, when a toddler walks in , with an itty-bitty waist and a clothie in your face".... ( ok, I haven't thought the rest of it up yet! =) )

Yes, i think since music is a big part of our culture and lives that children repond to it. my 20 m/o loves to dance, he could care less about the words but I know someday Daddy will have to give up his crap music for something a bit more mild.

NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes the song has sexual overtones, but that's because he's talking about what kind of women he's attracted to when he goes to the club. The kind of women that gets his attention.

He likes girls that wear apple bottom jeans, and boots with the fur. And then she gets on the dance floor and shakes her ass low, low, low.

Or the kind that wears baggy sweatpants and the Reebok's with the straps. And then she gets on the dance floor and shakes her ass low, low, low.

He basically likes women who knows how to shake their ass and look good while doing it.

zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 11:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• BTW: The song is "baby got back" by Sir Mix a Lot @ anon 1:29
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 11:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2008