MY TWEENS

I HAVE KIDS AGE 11 AND 12, AND4, THE OLDER ONES COME HOME FROM SCHOOL TALKING BAD CUSS WORDS IN FRONT OF MY 4 YEAR OLD. NOW MY FOUR YEAR OLD POPS OUT BAD WORDS, HOW CAN I GET THEM TO STOP SO MY 4 YEAR OLD DOESNT GET IN TROUBLE WHEN HES IN SCHOOL???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's winter. If it's cold where you live, put them outside. If they want to live in your home, tell them they have to follow the rules or they are welcome to sleep outside. If they want a shower, let them take cold ones. These aren't little children you're talking about. Toughen up. They are way too old to be acting so disrespectfully. And besides the 4yo - what are they doing talking like that in front of you - or talking like that at all???
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Soap or a simple smack in the mouth will worth just fine on 11 and 12 year olds. Get control now, because it will only get worse if you don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You need to snip it in the but know. If there were to talk like that I would start to take away some of there Privileges. example. computer time, phone time, hanging out with friends, tv time, video game time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Privileges taken away and I still think the old swear jar works. If they get money for allowance or for school snacks, weekend movies etc, every cuss word has a fine and it goes right into that swear jar.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'D smack that mouth really good! tell them to have more respect for themselves & their family than to use those nasty words.I'd also get them a dictionary & tell them Webster's is full of educated words & if they wanna look cool just learn a new word once a week not the same 'ole stuff ppl have been spewing for years :) knowledge is power!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well....have you talked to them about it? I would start with that!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2008