Potty training a Boy

My son will be 2 in March and hes already telling me when he P's n poops. So Im wondering if I should go ahead and try to start potty training him or is it to early. Im thinking Ill go head and get a lil potty and some training pampers, but Im not sure if i should wait a lil while longer. Plus I have no idea how to 'train' him to use the potty. Do I make him sit down first or does he stand up? ha ha. I have no idea! Help!

Sweetiemama717

Asked by Sweetiemama717 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let him sit, but if he acts like he prefers to stand up, there is a urinal (Spelling) that you can buy. He just walks up to it, and then you empty the tray in the bottom. My son has the Royal Potty at walmart, when he uses the potty it plays a little song for him. But it is whatever he prefers, you ahve to make it comforty for him.
    Jen_Norvell

Answer by Jen_Norvell at 1:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you are going to start potty training him dont use pull ups they are just a expensive diaper. But I say go ahead and take him to pick out some underwear and start potty training. If you are worried about accidents which he will have at first I just put a pad in my daughters Panties they were way cheaper then pull ups.

When you get him his potty when he sits on it give him 1 gummy bear or M&M and if he goes peepee give him 2 and if he poops on it give him 3 and do a HUGE potty dance for everything he does on the potty. also if you go to learn2potty.com you can print off potty charts My daughter loved getting Potty bears (gummy bears) and putting a sticker on the chart Good luck and stick with it it will be hard at first but it will just click one day and he sounds more then ready
    Anita
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008