It's Revival time...

Tent Revivals, do you have Revival at your Church, if so what does this mean to you?

shefree

Asked by shefree at 8:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My church now does not.. we have revival every sunday! :) However when I was a child I remember the week long revivals.. I also rememer hating them. They do not mean much to me even now.. Honestly I do not understand the concept of them.. to me, I should be doing that every day.. not just one week out of each summer.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• What is the point in these revivals?
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We don't have tent revivals, but as Assembly of God, we pretty much have revival every Sunday. We do have a lot of really neat things going on in our church right now, very exciting,and God is moving in a great and mighty way amongst us.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• What revival means to me is just a great opportunity to renew our relationship with God, revive the fire we had when we first got saved, and rejoice with others in the same,and when people are saved, and become new Christians. It's an amazing time, and something I always love being part of.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• oh. So they do this like a week long thing?
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

Thanks and well said, we have revival each worship service as well,  the Tent Revival is a tradition that we have celebrated for over 100 years in our Church. btw we actually have a "Revival" every 6 months, but only the summer months allow us to be outside. It also brings in other people to our Church from other Churches from all over the world.

shefree

Comment by shefree (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I remember tent revivals as a child...I really haven't seen any recently. But tent revivals usually meant that the church would reach out to the community and have church outside. It was a more welcoming enviornment. People could come just as they were and recieve Christ:-)

I'm Blogging!
    FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No. My church has never done such things. I did attend one for my uncle's church once... it scared me.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• . I did attend one for my uncle's church once...it scared me

Oh I'm sorry for you. I don't know what happened but different churches praise differently. What was scary about your experience and how old were you? if you don't mind me asking...

shefree

Comment by shefree (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Our church does not do these things ... mainly because revival aught to be happening on a daily basis.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011