When should I take my son to the dentist?

My son will be 2 in march and Im wondering when I should start taking him to the dentist? Im assuming since he has most of his teeth that its about time. I also heard that I should floss his teeth. Im soo scared to floss him bc hes so wiggley. Any advice?

Sweetiemama717

Asked by Sweetiemama717 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, now is a good time to start getting him to the dentist.

as for the flossing, I don't really know, maybe the dentist would be of more help with that one...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• after the first 4 teeth are through you should go see a dentist with your child. Thats what my ped. and OB told me. But its ok if you dont... all the dentist will do is to take a look at the gum and teeth
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Our dentist said when they are ready for school to bring them in. He said that unless you think there is something wrong with their teeth or they are coming in crooked, brushing them and maintaining them at home is all you need to do.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I work at a dental office and we recommend bringing them in as soon as possible just to check them out but we would rather them be able to sit in the chair without wiggling... It is totally how you feel about it.. Even though I work at a dental office I still take my son in 2 times a year for a cleaning. he is 6 and has been going since he was 1 1/2 yrs. I also floss.. If your child will let you you definetly should.. And use mouth wash... The kind for kiddos- not the adult kind!!
    Anonymous