What is your biggest annoyance by people on CafeMom?

What do people do here that REALLY bugs you? Here's your chance to vent!

My biggest pet peeves:

1. Asking pointless questions just to get the points for asking questions (ie "Are you celebrating 4th of July?")
2. Answering questions when you have no help to give, just to get the points for answering (ie when you ask a question that is clearly asking those who have tried something for their input, and someone answers "Never heard of it." )

People are on here for more than points, they want genuine help and support. Stop wasting everyone's time!

cypressandsage

Asked by cypressandsage at 9:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• im really sick of the negative critisim..and when some ppl say things like youve had children out of wedlock??? like its the worst thing ever...im on here for the support when i ask a? i need suggestions and help with something..or im wondering if someone else has been threw what im going threw
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• The way SOME mothers try to force their opinions on others and belittle others for having their own opinion that does not match up to theirs. There is very little tolerance on this website for other people's opinions, ideas and ways of life. Like belittling somebody and annoying the hell out of them is actually going to change their mind.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• People getting off of topic and complaining or criticizing something else in the question or post that is not the main focal point. I asked a question once about wanting to adopt even though I could have a "child of my own" and some woman was criticizing me because I failed to use a term that suited her. "Biological child." Then was assuming all this stuff about me and it wasn't even things mentioned in my question. It wasn't even an answer to my question, just accusations. Things like that are why I tend to post anon.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Text speak. I can't stand it! Things like 'lol' or smdh or dh and so are fine, I get those. I just don't get the ones that leave out letters, or misspell things on purpose. Or the ones ThAt TiPe LiK dIs ALl da TiMe. Aaargh! I also agree with you, I don't like the ones that ask pointless questions(unless it's in Just for Fun or something, I guess), and I don't like people that answer a question with 'I don't know' or 'Never heard of it'.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have a couple of annoyances. 1, when I get invites to groups I care nothing about, especially when they leave it in my chatbox on my page. 2, when people ask the same question in like 5 categories, but when you go under answers it shows up 5 times when you scroll down. 3, when people think they know what they are talking about and will try to debate you, but you are 110% percent they are right b/c you know from laws that your practice on a day to day basis they are wrong & you keep up with these laws to protect your business (ie EEO laws or payroll costs). 4, just like you, when people will answer your question with idk or something just to answer it. One time I asked, "I don't like herbal tea and have been trying to drink the Mommy's Milk tea. What do you do to make it more enjoyable?" I had someone answer, "I don't like herbal tea either."
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I really don't like people who try to push their opinions on you over and over, even after you've told them "I appreciate your point of view, but I don't share your opinion." I also don't appreciate it when people are condescending and look down on you because you disagree with their way of doing things. I had one lady just keep going on and on and on about something after I pretty much told her that no amount of arguing was going to change my opinion. After being nice about it the first few times, I finally had to tell her that I didn't appreciate how pushy and condescending she was being. Unfortunately, I come across people like that all the time here.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 12:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Questions like this. Honestly I don't care what types of questions are asked or how many. There are plenty of categories to choose from. Ignore the ones that irritate you and grab onto the ones you find interesting.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• rolling on floor"(ie "Are you celebrating 4th of July?")" Why is that pointless? Not everyone here celebrates the 4th of July.

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When you answer a question and give your opinion and it's negated by the OP or others becaause you disagree with them. Then it falls to name calling. Some women shouldn't post if they don't want many sides of the truth. They just want you to validate their storyline.
    starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LOL @ Sherri! Love the sweetpea!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011