For parents that spank: have you ever spanked your kids in public?

I havr popped their hands but I usually don't have too. A look usually do it or if I threaten and say Do you want me to call your dad? They straighten up too. Or sometimes I say do we need to go to the bathroom? They know what that means

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't do it in public. Some people are so judgmental.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I do if my child acts up then, then they get it. If any wants to judge me then they can kiss my A** they do not knw know me and its not like I am beating the shit out of my child in public just a pop on the bottom. I have had someone say something to me and I told her to mind her own business because displine is the important in my house I WILL NOT have unruly children, then she told me to wait til I got home, I asked her do you really think my 5 or 2 year old will remember what they did in like an hour or two I think not. I punish them when the crime was made, I have even found a courner in the store and put them in it!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and I don't spank her at all because she's too young to get spankings. But when I was young, growing up in the 80s, I got spankings in public for acting bad and disrespectful towards my parents (I was older than my daughter's age) and it was the norm back then for parents, even grandparents give their kids spankings in public, even in schools when their kids act up there. Now days if you spank your kids in public, people will call DCFS on you for child abuse.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes I have. I had no other choice. Sorry if it offends anyone else that I discipline my child but she was way way out of line.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No never had to
    Blakesgirl31

Answer by Blakesgirl31 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My kids are generally well behaved but I will not hesitate a trip to the bathroom.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yep. And I don't do the bathroom trip either. If they are acting up, they get it right there... It's rare that I have to go there, but my kids know, mom doesn't play!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes I do, I don't go to the bathroom or anything I'll pop his butt right in front of everyone if he needs to be disciplined.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Haven't had to yet but would if it was needed.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2011