How do you know when it's time

I was just wondering with this being my first baby and all, how you know when you are in labor, especially if your water doesn't break. How do you know? Anynone have any suggestions or stoires to tell about the birth of their children. I am sooo nervous. Any thing would help. I am due July 22 but the drs think I will go early.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will feel contractions. They feel like intense menstrual cramps. It's a familiar feeling, but way more strong. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• If your water breaks, then you need to go IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise, wait until your contractions are coming at regular intervals (time them), strong, every 4 - 5 minutes for one to two hours.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my water broke with my first two kids, but with my third my contractions where not normal and I just was not feeling good so I went to LandD and I was in active labor my stuomach was just upset from the contractions I was have all the time just not feeling them
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 9:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You should feel contractions. I had back labor with my first I was having the contractions irregularly for DAYS. I went in a few times thinking it was time, but it wasnt. Then one time I really had to pee bad, so I sat down, I had a contraction, peed and wiped IDK Im a looker...there was blood on the toilet paper, I looked in the bowl it was full of blood. I had my SO get me a pad, and we went to the hospital. I was completely thinned out thats why I was bleeding.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Sometimes you won't know. Some women's bodies just don't go in labor on their own. With my 2nd pregnancy, I was showing signs the whole time of pre-term labor and the doctor kept saying how I would come early and she was scared I'd come too early. But, with both pregnancies, I had to be induced after my due date. My 1st baby was also due on July 22 & she was born on the 29th. GL! Hopefully you aren't like me and can go in labor on your own.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• was induced for both of mine. defftly go if you have bad craps like charle horses every 4-5 min or your bleeding a little bit or water breaks. good luck am being induced tomorrow cant wait its been a long hard pregnacy
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• go with your gut...some ppl feel contractions, but I have always had really really bad cycles, so when my water broke I never felt any contractions, they hooked me up at the hospital, and asked if I could feel that because they were pretty big ones, and I felt nothing ...so if your gut is telling you something....pounce on it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cortney101786

Answer by Cortney101786 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Usually the contractions will be close, consistent, lasting a while each.
    It will feel intense, not necessarily painful.
    No water breaking never has to happen at all.

Do you have a birth doula?
    That can help!
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• well i have really learned to listen to my body with my first child- i know it sounds weird but when your gut tells you something normally id say go with it. the whole week before i actaully gave birth{even though my daughter was 3 weeks early} i had a nagging feeling to go and get checked out, and when my dad wouldnt{yes i was a single mom,young} i got the idea to start walking it was just a urge alli wanted to do was walk,and so i did for like two days until my grandmaw took me, and sure enough i was in labor and didnt really know it. i had my daughter the next night, and thank the Lord i didnt wait to go into full blown labor bc none of us knew she had a solid knot in her cord until after i had delivered. I think back and realize that doing what i done was more important for my daughter than i realized and am soo greatful that i played on my insticts rather than to wait for the tv idea of labor
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011