Have you ever had a child that was concieved through...force? adult content

I don't want to say rape because it's just an awful word. But I always wonder about the victims who ended up having a child and what they felt for their kid.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 10:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Can you imagine being a child of rape? I would sue for wrongful birth

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• How would you explain who the father is to that child?
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yes I have a 10 old she does not live with me my present took HR from me I sind a pice of paper I do not remember sing.
    frogecate

Answer by frogecate at 10:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes it would be hard I am afraid that she get hurt from present to she does not know me as her mother and know that I was rape
    frogecate

Answer by frogecate at 10:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I do not know
    frogecate

Answer by frogecate at 10:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• First you would have defined what a father is. The man who showed you love, feed you and rise you is your father.

A rapist in not a father!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am a child of rape. My mother loved me very much. She eventually married a man who became my father. Wehn I was old enough to ask about m y 'real father' My mother told me that he was not a nice man, he made very bad decisions with his life and that is why he was not a part of mine. I later learned as a teen she did not even know his name nor was he ever caught. I still to this day hate that man for hurting my mom but at the same time I am thankful for my own existence. My mom always told me I was her special gift and I was the one perfect thing that came from meeting such a bad man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I was date raped at 19 years old and came up pregnant. I had my son and I love him more than I could ever imagine, he's my whole world. He's 7 now and when he asks why he doesn't have a father we explain to him that all families are different and some kids don't have daddies and some kids don't have mommies but we make due with what we have. When he gets older I probably won't tell him he's a child of rape I'll just explain to him that mommy was really young and I did some things I'm not proud of but if I had to go back and do it all over again because I have the greatest thing in the world....my son.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• aww i feel sorry to anyone who has been raped. An it must be very hard to raise a kid of rape with the chance of looken at a spitting image of your rapiest every day. but then again the kid is half yours too so their some good in the kid. am glad i haven had to go through this bless the ones that have an hope u all have a great fututre.
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i applaud those of you who raised your children that came from those circumstances. that is a true mother; loving your child no matter what. i believe that every child is a gift from God.
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011