How do I get my son to stop misbehaving and talking back?

kpurv1s

Asked by kpurv1s at 1:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Swat him on the butt. Set him in the corner. Send him to his room. If that don't work, try a squirt of soap in his mouth. Gain control now, or you'll regret it later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You need to take control. Have u tried Time Out.
    I don't think that spanking or yelling at him will help, IMO, I think it teaches kids that hitting and yelling is ok. Does he do it for attention? Does he need One on One time, like playing a game or going for walks, reading a book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my son has been crazy since he started walking when he hit 2 I started taking everything out of his room starting with his favorite toy he would have to earn each back with good behavior if he misbehaved that was one more thing gone till there is nothing but a matress,blanket and pillow
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Child training works. See This Group.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'd be more consistent with the spankings
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Be consistent. If he talks to you in a way that you don't like, tell him and then model for him HOW he is supposed to talk to you. Kids don't instantly know the way you want them to talk to you. When mine says something inappropriately, I correct him and tell him how he should say it.
    It's not going to happen right away-you have to be patient and consistent. Don't let him/her get away with behavior that you don't want.
    I notice that my child reacts the way I do-If I yell, so does he. I don't then he knows not to because I have TOLD him.
    Spanking is all well and good, but you have to explain why you are doing it if you go that route. Just popping them and expecting them to know what they did wrong is ignorant. Our children are children, they need explanations.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008