A question for the runners out there

I really want to start running (and I've asked questions about it before). The other day when I forgot by transit pass, I had to walk 25 minutes from the train to work. If I had been dressed better and had water on me, it would've been a great work out - rather than just exhausting. So I decided I'd like to try running it maybe once a week. But here's the thing - I need a better bag, or something, to carry things like my phone, water bottle, and change of clothes for when I get to work. Even when I run in my neighborhood, I'd like to have my phone/music with me, my water bottle, and my keys.

So what kind of a bag should I get? A backpack or something else?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would get one of those small draw string bags that are really light weight and they don't bother you while you run. They are pretty cheat at like target or walmart. Under $20.
    missallie123

Answer by missallie123 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think that a backpack would be your best bet. You may want to consider a camelbak that has a separate area for your clothes, cell phone, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You can get some light weight back packs at most sporting goods store. You don't want anything heavy.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When I have to wear a pack, I like it tight on me so it doesn't bounce around. I like my CamelBak backpack. It also has a bladder for water, and a straw tube that you can drink from while running, which is super convenient.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I just wear the arm band for my iphone with my id and my key on a necklace around my neck
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'll be running from the train to my work - meaning I'll need my change of clothes and wallet with me. A bag is sort of necessary.
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2011