Why do deadbeat parents get mad when your boyfriend/girlfriend takes care of your kid more than they do?

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and he has been a father figure to my daughter since she was 11 months old. We go to the park, he buys her ice cream, we go to the zoo and he buys her a stuffed animal and we go out to eat and he pays for her meal and he gives her toys for her birthday and Christmas. He didn't have to do all that for her but he choose to do it because he says all children need a father. But my child's biological father, who hasn't paid child support because he's too lazy to look for work and rather sit around and drink gets mad at me because I choose to date other men and insults him about his weight and even called him a pedophile for "loving our daughter too much". He's not the one taking care of our daughter, but he has the nerve to hate on another guy for doing HIS job. My daughter looks at her father like he's a stranger off the street and calls my man daddy. I told my deadbeat ex he needs to start being a father and stop putting drinking and partying first. What do you think?

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• It takes more than a sperm donation at the right time & place to be a real daddy! Sounds like the bf is filling that role quite nicely! You're lucky, b/c not all guys are so good at that. If her bio dad feels threatened, then a real man would clean up his act & do whatever was necessary to have a positive influence in his child's life. He should be thanking your bf for being more of a man that he is!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think that you are 100% right! I am glad that were able to find such a great guy and that your daughter is able to have a father figure in her life!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I my is just like that now. My DH has been around since my dd was 1 and now she is 4. My ex still hasn't changed though he expects on the few times that my DD sees him for her to jump in his arms and call him daddy (yeah right) and gets mad that she doesn't
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Jealousy
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2011