Do people get upset when you get on the public bus with your child in a stroller?

Yesterday this woman had her infant in a stroller and the bus driver asked the people who were in the seats that folds up for disabled riders to get up to put the stroller there because he didn't want it to block the bus aisle. So this man gets mad the he had to move to another seat and said people with strollers need to stop taking the bus and start walking or get a car. The mom with the baby told him "go buy me a car then motherf@%&r instead of complaining!". What do you think?

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is wrong. Mothers that have to take the bus should be able to bring the stroller to. Kids and other items can be too heavy to carry! People need to show others respect!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i dont think is a mothers with strollers issue i think is a lack of respect and decorum is issue that is happening in this country....

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• She rocked it, he was being an ass. Really it wasn't like he couldn't still sit. But seriously both were out of line. He should have just gotten up and moved, she should have just let it go.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• What an ass.
    They don't allow open strollers on buses in Chicago. I don't know what mothers with multiple kids do. I was lucky to be taking it last summer with just my 4yo in tow. But I could have never taken the bus when my older kids were little because I needed a huge double stroller for the 1 and 2 year olds and then had a 3yo walking. They wouldn't have even let me on the bus unless I took both kids out and folded up the stroller.
    They also don't allow shopping carts unless they are folded up so if you grocery shop by bus you have to take all the bags out, put them on seats and the floor and fold up the cart. It's dumb. And they wonder why no one takes public transportation any more.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Here people get up and move if they are in the handicap/stroller seats, usualy before the bus stops when they see a stroller is coming on. Same with an elderly person, most dont get crabby about it, so I'd say yes that guy is a jerk.
    And wow no stollers in Chicago>? How stupid.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would have said something too.why dont he go buy a car?Get real the public bus is for everyone not just his behind.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 2:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• good for her for telling him. maybe they should stop letting jerk like him ride the bus
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• The guy was an ass. When taking a bus or train out here, you must FOLD UP your stroller first, so it would not have even been allowed.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• same here all strollers must be folded before bringing on bus,
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011