We cant have fire works, Can you?

It is against the law to buy,sell, have or set off fire works in Delaware, the entire state! Were right by the Maryland border so you can go to Maryland and buy them off the side of the road wich most people do. I hate it, your not even allowed to set off sparklers either. the cops ride around our neighborhood and look for them and confiscate them. I am convinced that they take them and set them off later when they get off LOL. Growing up it used to be more relaxed, cops didnt go around looking for them or hassle people who set them off either.

Leelee1008

Asked by Leelee1008 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• In California some counties can and some can't. I live in a county that can but I didn't buy any this year.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Just in the last few years did they become legal. They have to be the ones that stay on the ground though. No mortars.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We can buy the "ground" ones pretty much anywhere but for the "good" ones it's illegal.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We live in Oklahoma. We have a burn ban going on. No rain and 100 degree whether for months.

Answer by louise2 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm in Alabama and we can set them off outside city limits and I live in the middle of no where so we'll be setting them off here. We can buy fireworks on the side of the road.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm in Oregon, anything flies where I live.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• They are so dangerous. A lot of kids get hurt just standing around watching them.
    linda_lou

Answer by linda_lou at 11:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Growing up in Vegas you were allowed to do the ones on the group, but that was it. Here is FL they are allowed areal ones and everything it is awesome.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We can't have ones that go up in the air, we can only have ground ones.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Usually we can set them off. But because of the burn ban in effect we can't have any of them. We'll be going to a professional showing tonight. This is Texas, by the way.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2011