Do your kid(s) have a TV in their room?

Or how about a computer? If yes, how old are they. If no, why not?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no. my brother even offered me a wall mounted TV for the kids' room but I said no. They are 1 1/2 and almost 3, I do not believe kids need a TV in their room. Sure, it means I watch kid shows most of the time but oh well. I do not see any reason for my kids to "need" a TV in their room.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My daughter got a TV when she was about 16. I only got her a TV because I got remarried and it took her a while to warm up to the idea of a guy being in our house. I would never have gotten the kids one when they were younger and definately not a computer. You should always know what they are doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My girls all share a room right now and yes they have a TV. They had a DVD player but it broke and they do have a VCR...until that thing dies. I think their TV is on most of the time but I also think they really tune it out and just have it on to have it on. I'm the exact same way. I have a tv on now and I just noticed I'm "watching" an infomercial about some business to sell things yourself.

Computer though. That's a HUGE HUGE HUGE no no no in their rooms. EVER. Well at least until they are out of high school. I'm so scared of predators on the internet. My Best friends 10 year old daughter was just caught looking up porn. So the computer will always be centrally located or they will have to be centrally located to use a laptop.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh, my girls are 6, 4 and 2
    munch12502

• My daughter does yes (6 1/2), she has autism and I seriously couldnt live any sense of a normal life if she didnt have her tv. She is very visual and actually learns quite alot from videos, they even use them at school to video model playing catch, etc. My other daughter (5) does because she sleeps in our room (in her own bed) and we have a tv. Same with my son. (1)
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh and no computers are in a family area.. not in rooms.. ever.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My mom bought my son a tv for his room when he was 6 (I was tired of watching Toy Story for the 235th time)and then she bought him a dvd player when he was 8, funny thing is, he hardly uses it. He is all boy and would rather play outside until he absolutely has to come in. He does like watching movies and such but it is not his priority. I JUST got cable in the livingroom and I monitor what he watches. The computer.....MY COMPUTER!!!!!, I keep it in the livingroom right next to MY TV! He is allowed to go on certain sites for kids. I may get him a comp for his room but the internet will be something for much later. I am strict about Myspace when he reaches the age (15) he is only 10 and really has no interest in this.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No and never. I do not have a TV in my own room.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 2:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• she got a TV for xmas last year (when she was 7). She uses it for her videos and movies but there is no cable on it and there won't be.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son does. He's 18 though. My daughters don't but they go in his room when he' s not home & watch his tv.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2008