When boiling corn on the cob?

how long do you boil it for? and please refrain from telling me it is better off the grill I know this we just don't have the room on our grill for all of it.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I do it about 10 mins
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Just enough to get it hot...10-15...possibly 20 minutes.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I go around 10 minutes too. It depends on how you like it to an extent but if you boil it too long it get tough. I actually like it better when boiled but maybe I ddn't do it right when I tried on the grill.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I just cooked some fresh corn on the cop yesterday. My daughter was real impatient LOL It depends on the size of the corn ears and how hot you got the water. It can take as little as 10 minutes or as much as 20 minutes. Mine last night took 20 minutes of cooking it thru good. And nope I won't tell you it's better on the grill. I hate grilled corn. A little tip..add some butter to the water. Makes real tender corn
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It does depend on the size of the corn. I'd say 10-20 mins depending on the size. Check at 10 and go from there.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yup... like everyone says.... 10-20. I usually do 10-12 then leave it in the water for another 10 minutes or so, until everything else is ready. I also put a little sugar in the water and it makes the corn oh so sweet! ;o) We dont' grill it either, for the same reason LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Egads. We LIVE both FOR and OFF of sweet corn in the summer - it does NOT need to be boiled for 10-20 minutes - 5 is about perfect, especially if it's fresh picked! The longer you boil it, the chewier it's going to be, and that's gross.
    Anonymous

• Steaming it is better :)

But yeah, they're right - 10 mins is good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Well it is better on the grill :0) But I guess if there is no room...

You boil it until it is fork tender... about 15 min or so.

You can also oven roast in the husk... let the corn soak in salt water in the husk for about 20 min then put them in a preheated oven (350) for about 30 min
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2011