Does anyone else hate when companies charge the same price but shrink

the package size? Do they think we won't notice? I'd rather pay a little extra and get the same size package. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Shopping

• I guess they think we wont noticed or we like it better when we still pay the same. Most people will notice if the price goes up, even just by 5 cents. Most times its still the same size bag but just not filled up the same way....
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't say I hate it, but I sure recognize it is happening.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had this happen yesterday, I use a small size mouthwash in the med cabinet and refill it from a bigger one. I needed to replace the bottle, but the new bottles are a cup less than the old, which means I'll have to refill it more often.

Answer by Bmat at 12:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes, I noticed this with the yogurt brand I always buy...the cups went from 8 oz. to 6 oz. but the prices stayed the same...also ice cream. I swear the box got smaller and the price stayed the same.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• YES!! I have noticed it with laundry det. Getting less at sometimes a higher price is annoying! I have noticed with a couple of brands of paper towels lately how they are thinner and shred much quicker when I am cleaning. We end up spending so much more, because we run out of things so much quicker. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 4:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm thinking it's going to start happening with lots of things these days. Yes, I've noticed. It sucks.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes, everything is shrinking in size, except for our waistlines!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011