Jealous much? WTH?! adult content

I met a guy online who seems sweet and is really attractive and we exchanged emails then moved to texting.. We texted for quite awhile last night and in that time he had asked me about my job as a personal assistant and I said "Oh I'm just a glorified errand runner, I do this guys grocery shopping, clean his house and whatever else is needed" I wasn't really thinking about how I put it because my job bores me and I wanted to move onto more interesting subjects. And he responded with.. "whatever else is needed?" you're leaving that window wide open .. ! Or something to that effect, I can't remember how he put it but the implication was clear. He was questioning my integrity. Heres the thing.. My last boyfriend was really jealous and said offensive things when he was mad like "you're sucking fat boy dick to pay your rent" (boss is fat) .. so here I am the first time out texting this new guy and he implies something nasty like that?? Im thinking it's a red flag and I don't wanna txt him anymore or meet him. Am I overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• He doesn't know you well enough to tease you. I would just dump the loser.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Well, I would have been curious too. If you like him, let him know about your previous relationship, and let him know you don't appreciate the implications. If he apologizes, and stops, then fine, if not, let him go.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Trust your gut. He may be fine...and just joking to lighten the mood. And nervous cause its so new between you two. But, he may be controlling and jealous. I'd say you dont have enough info yet to really decide. But keep your guard up. Remember, you're going to be a bit extra defensive because the the last jerk. So, maybe not cut off contact yet. But, I wouldnt meet him yet either. Talk a bit more...get a better feeling of him. Then decide. Again....trust your gut!!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think you are. With texting (or writing anything on the internet), there is a lack of tone and sometimes, something that is meant to be joking can look like something else.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i would have read it the same way u cant always understand exactly what people r saying in text so yes i would text him again unless he says something like your x. but i would be very careful about meeting people over the internet good luck an be safe
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• He could have been totally joking and u can't tell in texts or emails. My husband made some implication to me like that once, jokingly of course and I went along with it telling him "well yeah, id do that for $50." But he is a guy, and guys do joke about stupid stuff like that.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would take it as a Red Flag- but, give him the benefit of the doubt for now; if he says anything like your ex-boyfriend did- then i would be DONE.. lots of luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• maybe he was trying to tease you. You know best what you want and what you feel confortable with, if you dont like him thinking that way, let him now. If he cant understand move on.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 12:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have to agree with JeremysMom.  You can't always tell in text the "tone" someone is using.    However, you should let him know you don't appreciate those types of jokes.  He can't read your mind either.

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 12:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Thanks girls.. You're right, you can't tell whether someone is teasing or not when you're texting.. especially if you haven't even met them yet.. He says flirty things but seems like a sort of serious person, not the jokey sort. Maybe I'm making too much of it but I think its a bad sign. Kind of disrespectful to imply that at the get go even if he's thinking it, isn't it? When things are new everyone plays polite .. Imagine how he might be later on down the road if he feels free to imply that sort of thing now! The last jerk hid that side of himself for at least a month into being with me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011