What do you do when you have no health insurance but need to be seen by a doctor? adult content

I have no health insurance at the moment but I know I need to see a doctor very soon. I'm not sure my issue warrants a visit to the ER though.

When I have a bm, there is bright red blood in the toilet (a lot) and usually encased around the stool. I don't have a hard time going...I have not been constipated and really don't have to push so I highly doubt it's a hemorroid. For years I've had symptoms of IBS (which is more of the diarrhea end of it), but now I wonder if it's something else. Of course my first concern is that I have some kind of colon cancer. I don't think it's normal to bleed when using the toilet. But does that warrant a visit to an ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• Urgent Care
    Anonymous

• Oh. Here it costs about $65.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a MedNow or some other discounted doctor program in your area?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• it may be an internal hemorrhoid. Those are not painful and can flare up at will. Red blood indicates it is the lower half of the GI tract. If it is only when you go to the bathroom I would not stress. Just increase your fiber to make your stool softer. I know you said you are not puching but that doesn't mean your stool is not hard and irritating it.
    Anonymous

• I'd call the Health Dept and ask them where to go. They have certain clinics that are free. If they don't have one for your situation they can tell you where to go.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Are you taking YAZ or Yasmin Birth control?
    Anonymous

• My only meds are for asthma.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You should go to urgent care. How old are you? Is there any history of colon cancer in your family?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Do you have any free health clinic in your area? In our town we have a free clinic for anyone who is working, but doesn't have insurance. We also have a clinic that charges 15 dollars per visit.
    Beatlemama

Answer by Beatlemama at 12:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• There is a free health clinic in our town that bases assistance off of family income. Maybe there is something like that in your area?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011